Life Linc creates positive change in our community by enabling people to find more ease and joy in their lives and relationships.
- We are a small local charity who provide affordable, professional counselling to individuals and couples who would not otherwise be able to access it.
- Our service is confidential, non-judgemental and client focused. All backgrounds, cultures and genders are welcome.
- We are the sole providers of low cost couples counselling in the top of the South Island; and we are unique in offering ongoing group therapy for longer term support.
- We work with a dedicated team of qualified and experienced counsellors in Motueka, Mapua, Nelson and Richmond.
- Life Linc has been serving the Nelson & Tasman communities since 1974. We operate with a Board of six volunteers, three part time staff, nine counsellors and a team of support volunteers.
- Our counsellors donate one day of their working week to Life Linc. In exchange, Life Linc provides ongoing supervision, training, counselling rooms, expenses and the opportunity to be part of a well-supported, caring, professional team.
- We are grateful to a raft of loyal funders and supporters, and in particular to the Life Linc Goodwill Shop and the Goodwill House Charitable Trust for their amazing support of our services.
- We do not receive any government funding and rely solely on grants, donations and fundraising initiatives to operate our vital services.
“I got to move forward at my own pace, my counsellor was extremely professional and very perceptive. I felt really safe during the sessions and they have changed my perception of life and of myself. Keep up the excellent work”
“I am so grateful to have come across your services and even more I feel so understood by my counsellor. I have done a couple of therapy myself in the past but this one definitely stands out! We need more services like yours in this world in order to make counselling more accessible to anyone!”
“I was seen quickly. My counsellor worked hard to get to know and understand me. She used many skills & techniques. She was so warm and non-judgemental. So perfect for me”
“I think it’s a wonderful service. It gave me the chance to have excellent, non-judgemental counselling at a very reasonable cost. For once I could say anything with no fear of criticism and as a result new awareness and belief in myself. Thank you”
“Your service has improved not only my life but my relationship. Thank You”
“We are very thankful to Life Linc and the wonderful support we received thru counselling as a couple. I’m really grateful to be able to receive this service, so fantastic and professional especially in a time of economic hardship. All our gratitude x “
“Thank you very much for your help and teaching us some useful stuff- we’ll carry on with that, especially the mirroring which has been difficult to stick to.”
“Found it really helpful and I think everyone should have a go at counselling once in their life. Now seeking individual counselling as a result recognising that there are things that need working on.”
“Before joining this present course, no therapy session or therapist has been able to help me (….). At Life Linc I have felt for the first time that I have been treated as a real and valid person. This opportunity to work through my trauma and get honest feedback has raised my spirit and self-esteem. It has allowed me to become honest about myself and in dialog with others”
“Impressed with where the client is now after receiving counselling with Life Linc”
Life Linc Counsellor
“I enjoy being part of a team who has similar values around making counselling accessible to everyone. During my time at Life Linc I have worked with a great variety of clients both individuals & couples. I feel very supported by the Life Linc Manager & Admin team (plus my supervisor) who are equally passionate about what we provide. I find it a very nurturing and fulfilling organisation to be part of.”
Georgina Pattullo, Life Linc Counsellor